Tenaris is the world’s largest maker of seamless-steel pipes for the energy industry. Every day, we collect a huge quantity of data from our plants around the world coming from sensors and process control systems. These data contains the information to improve the quality and the efficiency of our industrial processes. To manage the data volume and generation speed we use Big Data technologies. Some of the technologies we have implemented in our Hadoop Cloudera cluster are Flume and Sqoop for the data ingestion, Spark for ETLs and data processing, Impala for SQL-like queries, HDFS for data storage and Tableau for the visual analytics(Tableau chose Tenaris and Ferrovie dello Stato as speakers of its last Italian conference: https://goo.gl/u6CQs5).
- Design and development of data pipelines (ingestion and data processing) with Big Data technologies: currently Sqoop, Flume, Spark, Impala, Airflow; in the near future Kafka, Spark streaming and Kudu.
- Support the creation of facts table and dataset for the data science activities.
- Support the architecting of the Big Data platform.
The activities require skills in multiple fields of the computer science and a genuine passion for the data analytics.
- PhD or Master Degree in quantitative fields (Computer Science, Computer Engineering).
- Proficiency in Java, Python, SQL and Linux scripting.
- Knowledge of Hadoop (HDFS, YARN), Spark and analytical databases (e.g. Impala).
- Proficiency in modern development lifecycles approaches (versioning with GIT, automatic testing and building tools).
- Ability to represent and communicate model results to managers and executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Requirements which will be considered a plus are:
- Knowledge of Flume, Sqoop, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Airflow.
- Knowledge of Scala or other functional languages.
- Written and verbal communication skills in Spanish.
- International experiences during the study or the working experience.
Location: Dalmine (BG).
Who we are
The team Data Science for Industrial Processes is a part of Tenaris R&D department.
We are small team of engineers with the ambition of transforming data to knowledge to support the decision makers on the decision process.
We all come from different academic and professional paths. We believe that this heterogeneity helps on solving the problems creatively. We share the will of learn and use the new technologies, contributing to its development when needed.
If you are interested on our activities, do not hesitate and contact us
You can apply here”: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/407203371/?pathWildcard=407203371&trk=job_capjs